Areas of Focus
The Haw Creek Community Association has established a number of committees in
order to organize our work and increase our effectiveness. Led by board
volunteers, projects range from short-term activities to long-range initiatives.
The following list provides examples of current projects.
If you are interested in helping, please email us at email@example.com, or contact a member of the Board.
Clean and Green Committee
Works to improve environmental conditions affecting Haw Creek and the
beautification of our neighborhood. Projects include:
- cleaning up litter,
- partnering with GreenWorks for creek clean-ups,
- promoting plastic reduction efforts,
- undertaking beautification initiatives, and
- identifying ways to preserve open spaces.
Community Outreach Committee
Works to provide community connections by sponsoring educational
programs, social events and other activities. Projects include:
- hosting community potlucks, yard sales, game nights, musical
events, and meet your neighbor evenings;
- sponsoring educational presentations;
- organizing City Council Candidates forum;
- and much more.
Haw Creek Park Improvement Committee
Works to improve conditions and create an inviting 6+ acre park. Projects include:
- connecting proposed greenway to the park,
- removing invasive vines and dead trees, and
- improving the look, feel, and usefulness of the park.
Sidewalk, Greenways, and Pedestrian Safety Committee
Works to increase sidewalks and greenways and to improve pedestrian safety. Projects include:
- developing a greenway along Haw Creek from Arco Road to Beverly Road;
- improving pedestrian safety at lower Beverly Road; and
- working with City and State officials to improve pedestrian safety throughout Haw Creek.
Communications and Development Committee
Works to promote and integrate communications and membership efforts. Projects include:
- improving website functionality,
- increasing social media presence,
- organizing supporter communications,
- establishing an annual fundraising campaign, and
- refining organizational language and key messages.